About

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Alcohol Technique

Hi everyone,

Earlier this week I watched Lisa Curcio on a live YouTube event make these amazing cards using an alcohol technique. The results were beautiful and no two cards were the same. This technique can be done on vellum, foil card stock or shimmer vellum base. Each base will give you a different result.

I chose to use regular vellum with my alcohol markers. I coloured the vellum with Stampin' Up Stampin' Blends in dark Pumpkin Pie and dark Bermuda Bay. I spritzed rubbing alcohol (at least 90%) on the vellum then used my heat tool to "blow" the colours around. I was amazed at the effects. Beautiful.


The coloured vellum is really the focal point of the card. There is no need to add much, however I added an embossed flower from the Color and Contour stamp set. Add a sentiment and some gold thread and there's a card. 

Try the technique, it's so much fun. It will be addicting. Colour combinations are endless. Check out  Lisa's blog for inspiration.

Until next time....

Paula 



No comments:

Post a Comment