About

Thursday, December 2, 2021

O Christmas Tree

 Hello,

It’s been a while. I used to think that when I retired my days would be leisurely. They’ve been anything but! I seem to be so busy, I don’t know when I had time to work. The days are flying by. It’s December already, 23 days until Christmas. Are you ready? Have you put up your tree yet?

I haven’t put up a Christmas tree in years. I have 2 cats, one of which would destroy the tree, thinking the decorations are his personal playthings. Instead I decorate with vignettes around the house, making sure the displays are up high where prying eyes can’t see or furry paws can't reach. 

This is Mickey. He may look cute and innocent, but he can get into lots of mischief.

This is Finnigan. He's more laid back. I think he would be ok with a tree but I don't want to chance it.

On to the card....Today’s card is all about the tree. Stampin' Up's Whimsical Trees is one of my favourite holiday bundles. I  like to mix and match different craft company’s products    (the O Christmas Tree is a Concord and 9th stamp). It’s amazing how many craft supplies compliment each other. 


 

Using non traditional Designer Series Paper, like Expressions in Ink, can add a different flair to your cards. This is the first time I used the Rectangle Stitched Dies. I took the largest die and used it to cut the card base. It makes a smaller card, measuring 5 x 3 1/2. 


Still plenty of room for a personal note.

Until next time…

Paula







No comments:

Post a Comment