About

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Daffodil Birthday Card

 Hello,

It's almost balmy here with the temperature going up to -3C today. The sun is shining and hopefully the snow will melt, making way for daffodils to peek their heads through the ground. Until then, I have today's card to share.

I am often challenged when it comes to dies where the cut outs have to be assembled. When I see these dies in the Stampin' Up catalogue I immediately fall in love with them and bam! they're in my shopping cart. I never stop to think "How do I assemble these"? Memories take me back to the pansy suite 😕

Thank goodness for amazing card makers out there who share tutorials on putting together the die pieces. Thank you crafters!

This card is a simple, feminine birthday card. I embossed a piece of card stock to adhere to the base then cut a piece of Sunshine and Rainbows DSP using the scalloped die from Color and Contour to adhere next. I wasn't sure how I wanted the daffodil dies to look but knew I wanted pink. Aha! use the Simply Marbleous DSP. With varying shades of pink, the paper would be perfect for cutting out the dies. I like the way the card turned out.


Sometimes I overlook die sets to use for layering or to stamp a sentiment on. In the Perfect Parcel die set there is a pretty filigree die. Here, I used vellum to layer under the sentiment. The tag is from the Tailor Made Tags die set. Perfect for smaller sentiments. Just added a bow and viola! a card is born.  


Thanks for visiting. 
Until next time.....

Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment