About

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Encircled in Friendship

 Hello,

Often I look to challenge myself with card making. Sometimes it's making a fun fold or using Stampin Blends to colour an image or learn a new technique. Today I challenged myself to use a stamp set that I have not inked up yet (and believe me I have many of them🤣). Encircled in Friendship is one of those stamp sets. The sentiments are thoughtful and the font is beautiful. 


Today's card also happens to be a fun fold called a bay window card. I watched Lisa Curcio's presentation last night on how to make this card. It's very easy and can be made for any occasion. 


You can see why the fun fold is called a bay window. Alternatively, a 'window" can be cut out of the centre panel, insert a window sheet, to reveal an image on the inside. 


The "lip" of the card tucks under the sentiment which is adhered with dimensionals. 


And best of all, it lays flat for mailing

Here are the measurements for the card.

Base: 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 3/8", 1 7/8", 3 5/8", 5 1/8", 5 1/2"

FRONT: • Designer Series Paper: 1 3/8” x 4 1/8”, cut 2
 • Designer Series Paper: 1 5/8” x 4 1/8”, cut 1
 • Scraps to make your greeting and layering using any shape desired to fit the sentiment and image
  • Optional: embellishments 

 INSIDE:
 • Designer Series Paper: 4 1/8” x 5” 
• Basic White: 3” x 3 7/8” 

For instructions on assembling the card, watch Lisa's tutorial HERE and check out her other samples for inspiration.

Until next time....

Paula







No comments:

Post a Comment