About

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Poinsettia Petals

 Hello,

My friends and I always get together for a holiday luncheon. Last year we didn't because of  Covid but this year we have set a date. I made some pins for my friends, you can see them here. I wanted a pin for myself but in pink. I couldn't find any pink felt so I made one out of paper.  But not just any paper. I use the White Velvet paper from Stampin' Up.


I coloured the velvet paper with Blushing Bride using blending brushes. Blending brushes let you add colour in stages, whether light or dark depending on the amount of ink used. 

For this flower I cut out 2 large, one medium and 2 small poinsettias from the Pointsettia Petals dies. I stacked them off centre from each other adhering the petals with hot glue. Once I added leaves and the snowflake behind the flower,  I hot glued it to a piece of cardboard for stability. The pin is hot glued to the cardboard. The pins can be purchased at craft stores like Michael's.

I love the way this one turned out. 

Until next time....

Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment