About

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Tea Boutique Fun Fold

 Hello,

I've been in a rut lately, not feeling very inspired to make cards....until I saw Leena Girsa make this fun fold. You can catch her Youtube video here


Now, I recommend you watch the entire video to get the instructions...not wing it like I did🤣.
This card was a totally different orientation because I thought I could make it without following instructions. Yeah, that didn't work for me. So, I used pieces from the "mistake" card and adhered them to the correct card. 
Angles always frustrate me. No matter how I cut them, they rarely fit where I want them to go. It's a math thing....I was never good at math. 

The card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". The base measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4". On the front of the card create a score line from the top right corner to the lower left corner. Burnish well to give a nice crisp edge. That's the fun fold. Decorate as required. On the inside of the card, create a "stop" for the front flap to rest on. It doesn't have to be very high, just enough for the flap to catch and rest.

For this card I used the Tea Boutique Bundle. The Cup of Tea stamp set has some great sentiments along with pretty tea cups. There are coordinating dies too. 

item # 158667

The coordinating Tea Boutique 6 x 6 designer series paper can be used for backgrounds or why not let the DSP do the work for you to create a bright and cheerful card. 

item # 158659

This set is perfect for get well cards, tea party invitations and thank you cards. 

Thank you for stopping by.

Until next time.....

Paula





No comments:

Post a Comment